Saturday, July 26, 2014

Meet Elsie

This is Elsie




We don't know how old she is, or anything about her, except she needs a lot of love. Pets Come First in State College PA called us and asked if we could help her.  We have a history of fostering small doggies, and getting them ready for adoption. Elsie is different. We have never encountered a dog that was in this bad off. They told us she was found in the woods, no collar, no tags.  From the looks of her belly and her lady area, she has been CONSTANTLY pregnant most of her life. Her "Hoo-Hoo" is swollen up to the size of a Golf Ball. Her teats are over an inch long, and the most heartbreaking thing, is that her hind legs are so disjointed, that she may never walk normally again. She has so many mats that I wont be able to cut out all at once. I have never seen so many in a short haired doggie.


Yes, that is Maddie, a former foster (Now adopted) from Happy Valley Animals In Need (HVAIN) sniffing Elsie to make sure she's acceptable.... Elsie passed.
Here's a bit of background about our family. Me and my partner have 5 Chihuahuas: Ace, Scrappy, Squirty, Dixie, and Jiggy, a Fox Terrier named Maddy, a cat named Boo-Boo, and a Miniture Pot Bellied Pig named Piggers. We literally lost one of our babies last week. Hildie was Scrappy and Squirty's sister, and she had heart problems. When we got the call about Elsie, My first thought was "NO!" I am still mourning Hildie, I can't take in another dog." Andy, (my partner) showed me her picture, and made me read her story. I am in tears by the end, and he quietly said, "She needs us". I couldn't disagree, so I told him to set it up.

I am writing this blog to try to raise awareness of the cruelty of Puppy Mills, and to show Elsie's progress and journey. I don't want people to get sad for Elsie... Right now, she is in a wonderful, loving home where she will be treated like a queen. I want people to share this, and get people to see what happens when we as a society refuse to let these animals have any dignity whatsoever.

My goal is to update daily with pictures to show her recovery, and eventual adoption into her Forever Home.  First, I need to clean up some piddle... she's not 100% potty trained yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment